Sunday, January 26, 2014

The ringing of the bell...

Friday was a day for celebration...Mom's last day of chemo and radiation for this first round.  They have a bell at MD Anderson that the patients ring.  Since she's been going, we've heard others ring it and have cheered.  The radiation techs came out to see her ring the bell and they all hugged goodbye.  For a while, I had honestly developed a negative outlook, especially after hearing this is not likely the last round of chemo and radiation.  I had to check myself, though, and rethink that outlook.  This will be incredibly difficult if my focus is on how much longer this will take or how bad the prognosis is.  She just overcame a huge obstacle and that's an accomplishment worth cheering for.  These next couple of months leading up to the surgery are going to be about enjoying life.  And I know she's excited she gets to sleep a little later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment